- 3 Apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 4 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Finely Grated Lemon Rind
- 100g/4oz Sugar
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 50g/3oz Fine Breadcrumbs
- Icing Sugar
1. Place all the ingredients (apart from the water and icing sugar) in a mixing bowl and mix well. Cover with clingfilm and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. After chilling, remove from refrigerator and form into small balls about the size of a walnut.
3. Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil, reduce the heat so the water is bubbling steadily then drop the apple balls into the water, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes.
4. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
To serve - dust with icing sugar. Can also be served with a fruit syrup.