- 4 Sturgeon Cutlets or Steaks (about 150g/+5oz each)
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Bay leaf
- A handful of Fresh Parsley (with stalks)
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 Hard Boiled Egg Yolks
- 240ml/8fl.oz. Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Dry Fine Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- The juice of 1/2 a Lemon
- 100g/4oz Grated Hard Cheese e.g. Parmesan
1. Place the sturgeon in a large saucepan together with the carrot, parsley, bay leaf, salt and pepper, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Remove the fish from the pan with a slotted spoon and refrigerate for 2 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5 and lightly butter a shallow ovenproof dish. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the hard boiled egg with sour cream and butter. Set aside.
4. Transfer the fish to the greased dish, pour the sour cream mixture over top then sprinkle with the breadcrumbs, lemon juice and vegetable oil.
5. Cover the top evenly with the grated cheese and bake for 20 minutes. Serve immediately.