- 480ml/16fl.oz. Water
- 450g/1lb Blackberries
- 450g/1lb Raspberries
- 100g/4oz Sugar
- 3 tbsp Cornflour
- 1/4 teasp Salt
- 1/2 teasp Lemon Juice
1. In a bowl mix together the sugar, cornstarch, and salt until combined well. Set aside.
2. Place the water and 3 tablespoons each of the blackberries and raspberries in a saucepan, bring to the boil then cook for 2 minutes.
3. Pass the cooked mixture through a metal sieve, reserving liquid and transferring the cooked berries to a large mixing bowl together with the remaining uncooked fruit.
4. Gradually whisk the reserved hot liquid into sugar mixture until smooth then transfer the mixture to saucepan, bring mixture to the boil, whisking, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2- 3 minutes whisking constantly.
5. Immediately pour the hot mixture through sieve onto the fruit in the bowl, add the lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
6. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and chill for at least 3 hours before serving.