- 350g/12oz Onions, thinly sliced
- 225g/8oz Mushrooms, sliced
- 675g/1-1/2 lb Top Rump Steak
- 75g/3oz Butter
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 1 teasp Mustard Seeds (optional)
- 300ml/10 fl.oz. Soured Cream
1. Slice the beef across the grain into thin strips about 5cm/2inch long.
2. Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan, and the onions and mushrooms and fry gently for 5 minutes.
3. Raise the heat then add the meat and brown on all sides. Add the mustard seeds, salt and pepper and continue to cook over a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Add the soured cream and continue to cook gently, without boiling until warmed through. Serve immediately with boiled rice.