- 400g/14oz Buckwheat
- Cold Water
- 3 tbsp Cooking fat or Lard
- 150g/+5oz Calves Liver, chopped
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs, finely chopped
1. Place the buckwheat in a medium saucepan, cover with cold water, season with salt, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until the buckwheat is tender. Drain well in a colander then spread out on a large plate and allow to dry out.
2. Heat the fat in a large pan, add the liver and fry for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add the dried kasha and continue to fry, stirring constantly for a further 5 minutes.
4. Add the eggs to the buckwheat mixture and continue to fry for 2-3 minutes. Serve hot.