- 1 large Egg Yolk
- 50g/2oz Buckwheat Flour
- 25g/1oz Plain Flour
- 60ml/2fl.oz. Beer
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 2 Egg Whites
- A pinch of Salt
- Vegetable Oil for shallow frying
- 175g/6oz. Caviar
- 600ml/20fl.oz. Crème Frâiche
1. Place the flours in large mixing and mix well.
2. Place the egg yolk, beer and milk in a measuring jug, whisk together then gradually add to the flour, beating well until you have a smooth batter.
3. Beat the egg whites until quite stiff then fold into the batter.
4. Heat enough oil in a large frying pan to just cover the base and once hot drop tablespoons of the batter into the oil making sure they are well spaced apart. You’ll probably only be able to cook 3 or 4 at a time.
5. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
6. Serve topped with a spoonful of crème frâiche and garnished with caviar.