- 125g/5oz Butter, softened
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breasts, skinned
- Oil for deep frying
- Plain flour to coat
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 4 tbsp Fresh White Breadcrumbs
1. Place the butter, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well. Form into a cylinder, wrap in foil and place in the freezer for 1 hour.
2. Place each chicken breast between dampened greaseproof paper and beat with a rolling pin or mallet to flatten them out. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the deep fryer to 170C, 350F. Remove the butter from the freezer and cut into four. Place one piece of butter on each flattened chicken breast then roll up and secure with a cocktail stick.
4. Coat each piece of chicken in flour then dip in the beaten egg and finally roll in the breadcrumbs to thoroughly coat, pressing well.
5. Deep fry for 15 minutes until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper and serve immediately being sure to warn the diners or the hot filling.