- 1 Cauliflower (about 450g/1lb)
- 1 teasp Sugar
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 50g/2oz Fresh Breadcrumbs
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
2. Meanwhile, cut the cauliflower into florets and add to the boiling water together with the sugar, return to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer uncovered, for 10-15 minutes until just tender. Drain very well and pat dry with kitchen paper.
3. Melt the butter and oil in a large frying pan. Dip the cauliflower florets first in the eggs and then in the breadcrumbs, then sauté for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown, adding more butter as needed. Serve immediately.