- 720ml/24fl.oz. Water
- 225g/8oz Spinach
- 2 Medium Onions, chopped
- 1 Carrot, chopped
- 1 Stick of Celery, chopped
- 2 Medium Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 225g/8oz Fresh Sorrel or Watercress, chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped Dill
- 120ml/4fl.oz. Double Cream To Serve
- Slices of Hard boiled Egg
- Sour Cream
1. Place the water in a large saucepan, bring to the boil then add the onion, carrot, celery, spinach, potatoes, salt and pepper and cook for 15 minutes.
2. Add the sorrel or watercress, mix well then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and stir the cream and fresh dill.
4. Serve garnished with slices of egg and a teaspoon of sour cream.