- 900g/2lb Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 100g/4oz Cornflour
- 1 Egg
- 25g/1oz Butter
- A little plan flour
1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with salted water, bring to the boil then reduce the heat a little and cook for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and lightly butter a baking sheet.
3. Once the potatoes are cooked, drain well, return to the pan and mash.
4. Add the cornflour, butter, egg, salt and pepper, mix well then turn onto a floured work surface and knead gently.
5. Shape the dough into small balls about the size of a walnut, place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
Traditionally served sprinkled with fried onions.