- 175g/6oz Toasted Buckwheat
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 1 large Onion, very finely chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 480ml/16fl.oz. Fresh Vegetable Stock
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 225g/8oz Mushrooms, chopped
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped Parsley
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream
1. Place the buckwheat and egg in a small mixing bowl and mix well.
2. Heat a frying pan until hot then add the buckwheat mixture and cook over a medium heat, stirring, for about 3 minutes, until the grains separate and the mixture is dry. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in a large saucepan then add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened.
4. Add the buckwheat mixture and stock to the pan, season with salt and pepper, cover, and simmer over a low heat for 15 minutes or until the kasha is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
5. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a small frying pan, add the mushrooms and sauté until the mushrooms are tender and all the liquid has evaporated.
6. Once the kasha is tender, stir in the cooked mushrooms, parsley, and sour cream. Serve hot.