- 480ml/16fl.oz. Milk
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 100g/4oz shelled Walnut Halves
- 8 tbsp Butter, melted
- 1/2 teasp Ground Cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C, 400F, Gas Mark 6. Place most of the milk in a saucepan together with the sugar heat over a medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dissolves.
2. In a small bowl mix the remaining milk with the cornflour until it forms a smooth running paste then pour into the hot milk-sugar mixture, bring to a boil stirring constantly and continue to cook until the mixture thickens to a custard-like consistency. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Place the walnuts and the melted butter in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly until they are completely coated.
4. Spread them out in a shallow baking dish and roast in the oven for about 20 minutes turning frequently, until they are well browned.
5. Pour the custard evenly over the browned nuts, cover with aluminium foil, and continue to bake for a further 15 or 20 minutes, until the custard is thick and syrupy. Serve immediately.