- 250g/9z mixed Minced Beef and Pork
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 100g/4oz Plain Flour
- 120ml/4fl.oz. Milk or Water (Approx)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1. Place the meat, onion, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl and mix well. Set aside
2. Place the flour , milk, egg, salt and oil in a large mixing bowl and mix until a soft dough forms. Turn onto a well floured work surface and knead until the dough is elastic.
3. Roll the dough out very thinly to about 1/16 inch thick then cut out circles about 5cm/2-inch in diameter using a biscuit cutter or wine glass.
4. Place a teaspoon of the mincemeat mixture onto each circle, fold into half-moons and pinch the edges together to seal.
6. Bring a large saucepan with plenty of water to the boil then carefully drop the pelmeni into the rolling water and cook for 20 minutes, stirring from time to time.
7. Served with butter, sour cream or vinegar, and hot mustard.