- 450g/1lb Curd or Cream Cheese
- 75g/3oz Caster Sugar
- 1/2 teasp Vanilla Extract
- 90ml/3fl.oz. Double Cream, lightly whipped
- 50g/2oz Chopped blanched Almonds
- 50g/2oz Raisins
- 50g/2oz Glace Fruits, chopped
- 1 piece preserved Stem Ginger, chopped
- Candied fruit e.g. cherries, angelica, orange and lemon peel and extra nuts to decorate
1. Line a 900ml/30fl.oz pudding basin with a double thickness of scalded muslin making sure there’s enough material hanging over the sides to completely cover the top once the bowl is filled. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cheese, sugar and vanilla essence until smooth.
3. Fold the whipped cream into the cheese mixture then stir in the almonds, fruit and ginger then spoon into the prepared bowl and fold the cloth over.
4. Cover with a saucer, place a weight on top and refrigerate overnight.
5. Remove the weight and plate, unfold the cloth and invert the pudding onto a serving plate.
6. Peel off the muslin then decorate with the candied fruit and nuts.