- 24 Dried Prunes, pitted
- 240ml/8fl.oz. Cider Vinegar
- 480ml/16fl.oz. Boiling Water
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped Coriander (Cilantro)
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ teasp Salt
- 1 level teasp Chilli Flakes
1. Place the prunes and vinegar in a mixing bowl, cover and leave to soak for at least 8 hours.
2. Drain the prunes then place in a saucepan , cover with the boiling water and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
3. Place the saucepan over a high heat, bring to the boil then cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
4. Drain the prunes, reserving the liquid then place the prunes in a food processor or blender together with the garlic, coriander and 60ml/2fl.oz of the reserved water. Process on a high speed, adding the remaining water a little at a time.
5. Return the sauce to the pan, together with the lemon juice, chilli flakes and salt, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes stirring.
Serve with fish, poultry, or pork.