- 500g/1lb Raw Beetroot
- 1.2L/2pts Water
- 1 teasp Sugar
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 4 tbsp Soured Cream, to garnish
- 2 Spring Onions, to garnish
1. Peel the beetroot and cut into thin strips. Place in a saucepan with the water, bring to the boil then simmer for 30 minutes or until the beetroot is tender.
2. Add the salt, sugar and lemon juice to create a sweet/sour flavour. Chill before serving.
3. To serve - transfer to individual soup plates/bowls, place a spoonful of soured cream in the centre and sprinkle with the finely chopped spring onions.