- 100g/4oz Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- A Pinch of Salt
- 225g/8oz Butter, softened
- 50g/2oz Icing Sugar
- 1 teasp Vanilla Extract
- 50g/2oz chopped Hazelnuts
- Icing Sugar for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 170C, 325F Gas Mark 3 and grease 2-3 baking trays.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and icing sugar.
3. Add in the vanilla extract, flour, cocoa powder and salt and beat until well blended.
4. Form the mixture into walnut-sized balls and place on well spaced apart on the prepared baking trays.
5. Make an indentation with your finger in the centre of each ball, fill with hazelnuts and bake for 12-15 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with extra icing sugar and cool on wire racks.