Opening Hours in Russia
Main businesses in Russia are open at the following hours:|
- Offices: Mondays to Fridays: 09:00 - 18:00 (with a one hour break at noon).
- Banks: Mondays to Fridays: 09:00 - 13:00 and from 14:00 - 18:00 pm
- Stores: Mondays to Saturdays: 10:00 - 19:00
- Shop: In the larger cities, some shops remain open for 24 hours. Shops stay open until 20:00, and on Sundays until 18:00. Department Stores are usually open until 22:00.
- Post Offices: Mondays to Fridays: 08:00- 18:00 and Saturdays 08:00-13:00, although in larger towns and cities, these hours may be an hour or two longer. Conversely, those in smaller towns and villages typically close at 16:00 pm.
- Museums: Open from 10am-17:00pm. You'll find that they are invariably closed at least one day a week (usually Mon) and, in addition, one further day in the month will be set aside as a "cleaning day".
- Pharmacy: Monday to Friday 09:00-19:00 pm and Saturdays 09:00-13:00 pm.
- Tourist Offices: Summer opening times (typically Jun-Sept) are, generally speaking, weekdays 08:00-17:00 pm and weekends 10:00-15:00 pm, and during the winter Monday to Friday only from 09:00-15:00 pm. However, many offices deviate from these hours; opening hours for all offices are detailed throughout the guide.
- Thermal Baths: Daily from 08:00-19:00 pm, although some open at 06:00 am., as most of the baths in Budapest do.
- Bars and Restaurants: stay open.
- Churches: Less easy to predict but they tend to be accessible from 8:00 am until the end of the evening service.
National Holidays and celebrations
On public holidays all banks, offices, many museums and some shops are closed. However, big department stores, food stores and supermarkets generally remain open. A national holiday, so expect many shops and offices may be closed.
January 1-5 - New Years' Holidays, the most important winter celebration in Russia. 25 Dec is just another working day.
January 7 - Russian Orthodox Christmas, this celebration is less important than the New Year.
January 16 - Russian Winter Festival.
January 25 - St. Tatiana Day (beginning of Winter Holiday).
February 23 - Day of the Defenders of the Motherland.
March 8 - International Women's Day.
April 12 - Cosmonaut's Day.
May 1-2 - Labor Day, 2nd day of Labor.
May 9 - Celebrating victory in World War II, parades of veterans gather all over Russia.
May 16 - Red Hill holiday.
June 6 - Pushkin's Birthday.
June 12 - Celebrating the election of the first President of the Russian Federation.
June 21 - White Nights Festival begins (to mid July).
August 14 - Honey Spas.
August 19 - Apple Spas, Day of the Failed August, 1991 Coup.
August 29 - Nut Spas.
September 8 - Siege of Leningrad Day.
September 19 - Moscow Day.
November 4 - National Unity Day.
November 7 - Accord & Reconciliation Day.
November 10 - Militsiya (Police) Day.
December 12 - Constitution Day (or Russian Independence Day).