Suzdal is a small town 38 kilometres north of Vladimir, and 217 kilometres north-east from Moscow. It is the second stop along Golden Ring.
There are no trains to Suzdal; the only way to reach the city is by bus or car. There are buses from Moscow to Suzdal. However, a more convenient option is to first visit Vladimir, and then take a bus to Suzdal.
The trip of Moscow to Vladimir takes around 4 hours, with another 40 minutes to get to Suzdal. There's one train a day to Vladimir, leaving from Moscow's Kursky Train Station and taking 2 1/2 hours.
BUS SCHEDULES (MOSCOW - VLADIMIR – SUZDAL)
Daily transit buses depart Moscow, Shchyolkovsky bus terminal, go through Vladimir.
Price: 100 roubles ($4).
- Departs at 13:00 p.m. and arrives at 16:45 p.m.
- Departs at 14:45 p.m. and arrives at 18:15 p.m.
- Departs at 18:30 p.m. and arrives at 21:45 p.m.
- Departs at 19:30 p.m. and arrives at 23:00 p.m.
- Departs at 20:30 p.m. and arrives at 00:00 p.m.
- Departs at 21:00 p.m. and arrives at 00:30 p.m.
Daily direct buses from Vladimir to Suzdal.
Price: 20 roubles ($1).
- Departs at 6:40, 8:00, 8:40, 9:40, 10:30, 11:30 a.m. and 12:35, 13:35, 14:15, 15:15, 16:30, 17:20, 18:15, 19:30 and 21:.40 p.m.