The Assumption Cathedral or Dormition is the best attraction of Vladimir; it has the miraculous icon of the Virgin of Vladimir, which is widely venerated throughout Russian lands. You can find inside the Cathedral: "The Last Judgment", "Non-evening Light", and "Abraham's Bosom". Splendid altar and iconostasis adorning the interior of the Cathedral are worth visiting.
Mikhail Archangel's Church
It is located not a long way from the center and the Golden Gate, near the Hotel Zarya. This church is made from red brick and bears all the features of the Byzantine style. Mikhail Archangel's Church was built at the end of the XIXth century.
In the past it housed a watch exposition but now is a functioning church.
St. Demetrius Cathedral
The Cathedral is one of the most beautiful churches in Vladimir. It is like an icon in stone. It is the most mysterious church, the church does not have historical chronic mentions in the time or when was founded. Numerous relief images of lions, centaurs, snow leopards and exotic ornaments are covered on its white stone walls, is not open for visitors.
The Ensemble of the Nativity Monastery
This monastery was made of white stone, founded in 1191 by Vsevolod III, it is the most ancient building. The finest extant building in the complex is the eighteenth-century Archbishop's House designed in a restrained baroque manner. Since 1918 the monastery had been occupied by KGB. After that the monastery started to revive and gain its former positions. The bishop of Vladimir has returned to the bishop's house
The Golden Gate
Other famous attraction of Vladimir, The Golden Gate is one of the most outstanding symbols and was an indispensable part of the ancient city of Vladimir. It was once a formidable fortress, a four-sided tower with great oak doors bound in gilded copper. It is located on the edge of the city and an entrance to the town. The Golden Gate now hosts a museum at its top, which invites everybody and promises an unforgettable visit.
The Trinity Church
On Bolshaya Moskovskaya Street in front of the Golden Gates is located the Trinity Church, probably one of the youngest Vladimir churches. Its high, bright interior proved to be ideally suited to collections of craft items from the Vladimir region crystal glass from Gus-Khrustalnyi, needlework and painted lacquer boxes from Mstiora.