Traveling Through Russia – Places To Visit
The majority of people who travel around the world will usually just stick to popular destinations that are easy to access and can be found on any map. There are plenty of places that exist in this world that are not so easy to get to but are still worth visiting. If you have a bit more determination than most people, then traveling through Russia may be right for you. The following list includes some random information about the ten cities you should visit when traveling through Russia:
- St Petersburg – Russia’s second city, is famous across the globe for its striking architecture with an abundance of neoclassical buildings with baroque facades lining its streets. When in St Petersburg, take a stroll down Nevsky Prospect – it is one of the main streets in this city and also one of its most famous locations. If you are looking for something to do whilst visiting St Petersburg, then why not take a trip to Hermitage Museum? This is one of the best museums in Russia and is located very close to Nevsky Prospect.
- Ekaterinburg – This city has two nicknames; it is called “the golden pillar” because of its primary industry (mining), but many citizens call it “Sverdlovsk” after the town where it was initially built. The former name comes from the wealth which can be found in this region, while the latter name honors individuals who contributed towards Communist construction between 1917-1924. To visit Ekaterinburg and see all of its best attractions, you should walk along the city’s first street: GlavnyoshayaUlitsa (Main Street). The main square is also located on this street.
- Yekaterinburg – This second largest city in Russia is another famous destination for those who like to travel through Russia. If you’re looking to do some shopping during your journey, then head over to TorgovyTsentr (Trade Center) or even Iset Shopping Mall; both of these places are great for buying gifts! You could also try and visit Kirovskoe Lake and go fishing there… once you have caught a fish, it would be wise to cook it at one of the many kabob stands located along the shoreline.
- Samara – This city is located on the banks of the Volga River, and its central point (which you should definitely visit) is called Kuybyshev Square; it offers some impressive views of the river’s views and bridges which cross over it. Maybe if you’re lucky, then you might even see a few of Russia’s famous cathedrals while visiting this area too! The most easily accessible cathedral here at present is the Holy Trinity Cathedral.
- Yekaterinburg – This second largest city in Russia isn’t far from Ekaterinburg and has many similarities between them. If you would like to go shopping while making your way through Russia, then you should head to Iset Shopping Mall and TorgovyTsentr. These two places are great for buying gifts! You could also try and visit Kirovskoe Lake and go fishing there… once you have caught a fish, it would be wise to cook it at one of the many kabob stands located along the shoreline.
Traveling through Russia is different from visiting any other country because it has a lot of tourist destinations, great food, friendly people who are willing to go out of their way for others, gorgeous landscapes, and rich culture.
One thing you need when traveling is time because you want to make sure that you will be able to go on a short trip but still be able to enjoy it. If you have more time, then going on a vacation or even moving there would be possible.